Central Market PIK is the first eco-lifestyle hub to attain the EDGE Advanced Green Building Certificate. To commemorate that, a ceremony was held on 15 April 2023, attended by partners, tenants, and visitors.
Central Market PIK is a one-stop shopping solution with a comprehensive list of facilities, including a supermarket, an edible garden, F&B tenants, retail stores, a children playground, a pet playground, cafés and hangout spots. Being located at the heart of Golf Island PIK adds a plus point to this lifestyle hub.
There are a number of elements of Central Market PIK that make it deserve the Green Building Certificate from the International Finance Corporation - World Bank Group and Green Building Council Indonesia (GBCI):
- It applied a sustainable living concept via a solar panel system and a natural cross-ventilation method.
- The biophilic design creates a harmonious relationship between its architecture, the environment, natural lighting, good circulation, and visitors' comfort.
- Green technology applications also show through open-air elements, vertical gardens, and green canopies to create a cooling atmosphere.
- Sustainable materials are used such as natural stones, eco-friendly reclaimed wood, terrazzo, terracotta, and plastic-wood composite (WPC)
- More sustainable aspects include a recycling system, a rainwater harvesting scheme, and energy-saving measures—thus, reducing 51 percent of energy use, 44 percent of embodied energy on building materials, and 23 percent of water usage.
Such an excellent building is a result of collaboration between Amantara and leading architect team PTI Architects, Bitte Design Studio (interior designer), Eco Mantra (sustainability consultant), Grow Little Garden (landscape designer), and SOSJ Design Bureau & Consultancy (branding consultant).
Present at the ceremony were Anwar Salim, the director of operating units at Amantara, Sawitri Setiawan, the director of leasing and commercial at Amantara, and Natalia Kusumo, CEO of commercial and otels division 2 (Amantara), amongst others. Amantara.
Anwar stated, “Central Market PIK is directly integrated with residential areas and travel destinations around it. It educates visitors about sustainability through vertical and edible gardens.” Meanwhile, Sawitri named a long list of tenants that can provide visitors’ needs and where they can partake in their hobbies at tenants including a supermarket, a bookstore and a variety of cafes and restaurants. With the opening Kinokuniya bookstore, Natalia mentioned, “I often visit the bookstore since young and found comfort between its shelves. The EDGE Advanced certification further adds to our happiness, which shows how this destination combines educational and sustainability concepts into a neighbourhood mall for visitors and communities."
What’s more, Amantara facilitates visitors with a mobile app called PIK Experience by Amantara. It features a loyalty program, information about Amantara destinations and news about tenant promotions. Shopping and hanging out has never been better and easier.