LIXIL hosted an awards ceremony and exhibition to celebrate the winners and finalists from the American Standard Design Award (ASDA) 2023 on 12 July 2023 at The Art House Singapore. The winners and finalists also got an opportunity to participate in a design workshop at the LIXIL Design Studio, an architectural tour and a tour of LIXIL’s showroom the next day.
With the theme of “A Home to Love, A Space for Everyone”, ASDA sought to uncover the power of design, to create a bathroom space that is truly loved by everyone in the family. The competition was open for design school students from Australia, Cambodia, India, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Close to 1,500 entries were submitted, a two-fold increase from last year. The National winners went on to the Asia-Pacific judging round and the winner of the Asia-Pacific Grand Prize was announced on 24 May 2023. The winners are:
- Sin Ponleu - APAC Grand Prize Winner / 1st Prize Winner from IndoChina (Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar)
- Azra Hrnjic – 1st Prize Winner from Australia
- Riya Awati – 1st Prize Winner from India
- Grace Wong Jing Yee - 1st Prize Winner from Malaysia
- Aevan Georgeline de Jesus - 1st Prize Winner from the Philippines
- Rossalinda - 1st Prize Winner from Singapore
- Marisa Chonpracha - 1st Prize Winner from Thailand
- Duong Pham Ngoc Hoai - 1st Prize Winner from Vietnam
“The American Standard Design Award was created as a platform to nurture and recognize exceptional talent in the industry. We are thrilled to honor the winners and showcase their groundbreaking ideas. Through its rich history of over 140 years, American Standard has continuously set new benchmarks in delivering bathroom solutions that combine purposeful designs and pioneering technologies. American Standard continues to be trusted by generations for its progressive and dependable products. This event not only celebrates their achievements but also acts as a catalyst for further innovation and collaboration for sustainable architecture and design,” said Antoine Besseyre Des Horts, Leader, LIXIL Global Design, Asia.